Saturday, May 2, 2009

Tulip


Tulip via picasa, originally uploaded by BreatheInDigital.

Here's another shot of some flowers. Tuplips, perhaps? I love the fact that it's Spring, but I love even more the fact that soon I won't be limited to natural light photos.

This week I ordered the following:

Nikkor 50mm F/1.8D lens (better for portraits, and, well, shots like this one)
2 sb-600 flash units, complete with colored gels, some stands, diffusers and an umbrella
Cactus v4 remote flash triggers, so I can command both of my flashes remotely.

This means that shots in the future are going to be more subject oriented (dominant images are a good thing), will involve more portraiture, and will look more (I hope) like professional photos due to the use of creative light placement.

2 comments:

Katie Widmayer & Paul Roycroft at May 3, 2009 at 9:48 PM said...

is that a flower from my next-door neighbor's house? what... the flowers at my house weren't good enough for you? ;) beautiful, by the way. and thanks for your help!

Ryan at May 3, 2009 at 9:50 PM said...

Haha, yes, it is. Your flowers are pretty, but you didn't have any giant orange tulips! You should work on that immediately.

And you're welcome :)

 
Home | About
Simple Proff Blogger Template Created By Herro | Inspiring By Busy Bee Woo Themes