Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Atop Mt. Megunticook


Atop Mt. Megunticook, originally uploaded by RLHyde.

202/365
(vacation set: 7/12)

On the first full day at Camden, we decided to walk from the edge of the bay (sea level) all the way up to the viewing ridge of Mount Megunticook (elevation 1300 ft.). Now, I like hiking, but let's be serious - I'm from Michigan. Hiking in Michigan is basically taking a long stroll through the woods. I was not at all prepared for the high grade slope up the side of a frickin' mountain! But once we got to the top and got to see the view, it was all immediately worth it, and I look forward to doing it again (though next time I'll train on the stair climber for a few weeks).

0 comments:

 
Home | About
Simple Proff Blogger Template Created By Herro | Inspiring By Busy Bee Woo Themes