Monday, May 4, 2009

Pinks


Pinks, originally uploaded by Breathe in Digital.

Bokeh: how your lens renders the out of focus portions of your shot.

Bokeh is very important to pleasing photography. The eye wants some things in the picture to be out of focus, to be soft and natural looking, much like we see them in real life. My original lens has so-so bokeh. My new lens, the Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D, has much, much better bokeh.

And I just got it in the mail today :) So far I love it. Of course it does have a down side: my camera won't autofocus with it because . . . well, because I need a new camera :P No, but really it just means I'll have to practice for a while until I get better at manually focusing.

Click on either picture to go to my Flickr page and see the other two images that I posted up there.


Pinks on Whites, originally uploaded by Breathe in Digital.


0 comments:

 
Home | About
Simple Proff Blogger Template Created By Herro | Inspiring By Busy Bee Woo Themes